My friends! It has been an egregious amount of time since my last blog post. For that, I apologize! I don't really remember what the last thing I told ya'll about was- but I've pretty much been on the road since the end of April doing In-Services for Peace Corps. Which generally means spending a lot of time in the south, and saving up my money so I can afford to go to the one Indian restaurant in the country.
So, as few of you know, I just got back from a trip to America for Mary and David's wedding!!! Happy day!! It was really nice, but quite stressful, because I felt like there wasn't hardly any time for me to do all the things I wanted to. I was running around shopping for things to bring back with me, and eventually managed to compile 120 lbs of luggage, most of it food. And shampoo. I'm definitely already begun fattening up a little. There's no way to really talk about everything it did/ATE (the primary goal of any Peace Corps return-ee), so here's some quick highlights.
Going to bookstore and thrift shop with the fam (my two favorite kinds of stores)
Getting good coffee and eating out at my favorite restaurants
Mel's homemade guac, and other yummy homemade things
Mom's quartet coaching
Seeing an honest to goodness dolorian a while eating breakfast (pictures on f-book!)
Going to the SF MOMA with my family for some super art
Seeing an awesome play by Shady Shakespeare (my favorite company)
Getting Vietnamese sandwiches with the Hauperts
Running errands for the wedding, including Costco!
Dim sum with John in the city, and finally going to Humphrey Slocombe's, the most magical ice cream shop this side of mission st.
Meeting all the relatives at the wedding, seeing old friends who warm the utter cockles of my heart
The WEDDING: every single part!! EVERY SINGLE PART! I love you both so much! It was a really amazing day/night. AMAZING.
Going to night slides (water park!) at katie rose's house
Katie's momma making delicious home-cooked dinner for us, and a visit from Carol!
Bbq with the volleyball kids in Sacramento
Catching up with friends and fillin my life full to the brim with love
Big apologies to everyone I was not able to see when I was back, my schedule was out-of-control-tight, and there were I lot of things I wanted to do, but was unable. (My dad ate a lamb chop I was thawing in the fridge, so we went and bought me more so that I could have a lamb chop experience. It was sitting in the fridge, but I totally ran out of time- and meals-and forgot all about the poor lamb chop. And now the memory of it's grass-fed glory haunts me.)
Please let me know what has been going on in your lives, I cannot wait to come back for realsies and catch up! I love you, and I miss you so much.
7/29/2011 08:25:00 AM
Yes, I love Shelly blog! I wish you could have been here longer, obviously, but im super thrilled you got to come and play even though it was short. Night slides WERE fun as was everything else! I am glad you are getting fat! Fat is the new thin! I'll be home on a few days and will try to get a good email in soon! Are you reading my blog?? kdrose.com <3 <3